- This event has passed.
Payroll – What you need to know
July 1 @ 9:30 am - 1:00 pm$310
This half day workshop is designed for anyone who administers payroll either manually or using an online system that “does all the working out for them”. The workshop will include an introduction to the essentials of the Holidays Act as well as the practical application of paying employees in various scenarios including COVID-19 subsidy payments.
Benefits to your Organisation
Participants will better understand the rules around the Holidays Act and how to apply it to paying staff correctly which will:
- reduce the risk of incorrect payments that could be costly to your business
- ensure compliance with legislative requirements
On successful completion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- identify the difference between Relative Daily Pay, Average Daily Pay and otherwise working day and what is included in the calculation for Public Holidays, Sick Leave, and Bereavement Leave
- Identify the difference between Ordinary Weekly Earnings and Average Weekly Earnings and what is included in the calculation for Annual Leave
- feel more confident when calculating or checking leave and other payments
- ensure they are meeting their legislative requirements
Types of employment
Privacy and record keeping
Minimum entitlements including shift cancellations and zero hour contracts
Definitions for leave calculations
Payment of Annual leave
Public & Alternative Holidays, Sick Leave and Bereavement leave
Relevant Daily Pay, Average Daily Pay and Otherwise Working Day
Other factors to consider
Penalties for non-compliance
Practical Examples and Scenarios (including subsidy payments & rules)
Meet Chloe, a typical employee, who takes all types of leave including parental and bereavement leave. Chloe changes her work status from full time to part time and has salary changes and more.
Learn how to pay Chloe correctly in each scenario applying the legislation.