- This event has passed.
Performance Management & the Disciplinary Process
March 11, 2020 @ 9:30 am - 1:00 pm$310
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
In this workshop you will review the options for addressing performance concerns; from initial informal discussions to performance improvement plans. You will also learn about the steps and your obligations regarding a disciplinary process.
Who is this course for?
This programme is designed to develop Business Owners, Team Leaders and Managers in the skills required to effectively manage staff issues. It is particularly suited to:
- small business owners employing staff and wanting a refresher
- newly appointed Team Leaders/Supervisors or Managers
- existing Team Leaders or Managers who have not had formal training or who would benefit from some refresher training
- potential Team Leaders or Managers who can benefit from the foundation skills and knowledge
Benefits to your Organisation:
- Team Leaders and Managers better understand how to address staff issues
- grow management capability and increase consistency of approach in your organisation
- ensure compliance with legislative requirements regarding a disciplinary process
- Managers are more likely to successfully address long term absence or other issues early
On successful completion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- identify the appropriate process to apply when they have a staff issue
- feel more confident when addressing staff issues
- ensure they are meeting their legislative requirements regarding the process
- demonstrate strong leadership by addressing issues; contributing to a better culture
Solving Performance & Behaviour problems
Considering the alternatives
Procedural fairness and test for fairness
Misconduct or serious misconduct
Steps of a disciplinary process
Termination of Employment
What can happen next?